Saturday 30 August 2014

Crochet All The Baby Things!

I have had something of a break from blogging, unintentional really - just life getting busy and various things happening.

But I'm getting back into the swing of crafting, and that means I have stuff to share with you :)

I have a wee bellybabe on board, and that has brought on a sudden *need* to crochet All The Things for baby.

Some of these have been made up by me; others are made from patterns from Ravelry etc - I'll reference those as I go :)

First up is this cute little newborn size vest that I made up.  It's in 4pl Lincraft Lullaby, lemon peel stitch.  It's so eeny weeny & cute!  I dc'd a couple of rows around the armholes and neck, and used front post tr & back post tr around the bottom to create a ribbed effect.
Detail of the lemon peel stitch.  It gives this vest a lovely texture, but is very simple to do at the same time.
Next is a jumper, more like 6months+, from this Ravelry pattern.
The pattern is called Devon Stitch.  I love the buttons at the top, which do actually open to make the neck wider to fit over baby's head if needed.
Close up of the Devon Stitch pattern.  I worked it with a variegated yarn, and a solid colour that matched closely.  You could use any number of different colour combinations to great effect with this pattern.
I also made some longies from this lovely pattern plus a nappy cover based on the same pattern (before I discovered that she had a separate pattern for one - perhaps another project!).
I love the way this yarn worked up for this pattern!
These just need to be lanolised and they'll be good to go!
I crocheted a cute little cotton hat/beanie, nothing special, your basic sort of beanie pattern that I can make without needing to think about.


I adore this little cotton vest, too.  The heart applique was made up on the spot (the whole vest was, actually) - it turned out just perfect, though.  It's probably sized for 6mo+.
The red is much brighter in real life - it looks like a muted dark pink in the photos.
Detail of the heart applique - the first round of a granny square, with a shell on two adjoining sides, and edged in a couple of rounds of dc.  Stitched on in the contrasting red thread, using backstitch through the outer round of dc.  Easy peasy!
And last but not least - and these get a whole blog post dedicated to them! - hexagon cardigans :)

No comments:

Post a Comment